Introduction It wasn’t long ago when hot tubs were only meant for the rich and fortunate among us. You needed a house big enough for it and some extra shillings to buy and maintain them. Inflatable hot tubs have changed the scenario. They’re affordable and simple to maintain. Everyone can now reap the benefits and […]
4 Most Commonly Used Foundation Types For an Inflatable Spa
We are reader-supported. We may earn a small commission for products purchased via the links on our website at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
So you are now prepared to install your portable hot tub. You understand the benefits of having a tub in the house, you have done your research and have found the right choice that you deem perfect for you.
Now you should abide by the following 3 rules of thumb:
- Your tub must not be close to any power line. Never place your hot tub near an electric outlet
- The foundation under the hot tub must be very strong
- The foundation has to be level
Now these are the 3 most commonly used foundation types for a hot tub
The grass is definitely one of the most used surfaces under a blow-up hot tub. And why not? If not contaminated with broken glass or wooden sticks, it makes an awesome cushioning material.
However, the ordinary ground is not such a good insulator. Try to use a ground cloth or an air mat under the hot tub, both for heat insulation and puncture protection.
2. Concrete pad
This type of foundation is recommended whether or not your tub is an outdoor one or an indoor one. Your concrete pad must have the following characteristics;
- It must be level. This is to avoid any kind of settling after you install your tub.
- The thickness of your concrete pad must adequate to support the weight of the hot tub. While the hot tubs can be heavy, the weight is evenly spread out by the water.
- The size of the pad should be atleast the size of the tub.
While the following two characteristics have nothing to do with the construction of the foundation, they are equally important:
- You should have constructed your concrete and ensure that the concrete would have dried before the delivery of your tub. This is important because you can immediately install your tub and start making use of it right away.
- If you find any or all of the construction characteristics stated above to be intimidating, you can call on any home improvement service provider in your neighborhood.
3. Crushed gravel or stone
This type of foundation is recommended especially if your tub is to be situated outside.
This foundation must have the following characteristics;
- It must have a minimum thickness of 4 inches
- You must construct a frame around it to keep the foundation perfectly in place
- it must have a proper channel for drainage so that your tub would be durable
The following recommendation has nothing to do with the foundation but it is also important;
- Try to install low-level showers around the tub. This is to ensure that you can wash your feet before entering the tub which will prevent dirt in the tub.
4. Ready-made synthetic tub pads
Check out these pads on Amazon.com
These are recommended for either outdoor or indoor tubs. They have the following advantages over the other types of foundations;
- There is no need to pour concrete or work out any other thing like that.
- They are lightweight and less expensive
- They are quick and easy to set up
- They require little to no maintenance
Their pieces interlock. This means that…
- You can easily dismantle the pad if the need arises. For example, in case you want to move out of your present location to another one.
17 comments on “4 Most Commonly Used Foundation Types For an Inflatable Spa”
Hot Tubs have always been introduced by pop culture as a universal symbol of relaxation, and they might be right this time. Whether you’re trying to escape your hectic weekly routine, or you’ve just come from a tiring day at the gym, this soak in a hot tub is ample to set you back on […]
Today, we'll be reviewing the recently released (2019) Goplus Inflatable Hot Tub (available here), taking a closer look at the product and presenting you with all the ins and outs to help you better decide if it's worth your hard-earned money. So without further ado, let's dive in! Check price on Amazon No time to read […]