If you had performed due diligence before purchasing your hot tub, then, you must have discovered that some hot tubs came with covers, while some had no covers. If for some reason, you bought the hot tub without a cover, then, have no fear.
What if I tell you that you can still purchase the right cover for your hot tub without burning your pockets in doing so? Well, that’s what I will be covering in this article.
What are the advantages of using the right hot tub covers?
The right hot tub cover:
- protects your spa from all kinds of debris, rain, winds, bugs and direct sun
- lowers your heating bill a lot by minimizing heat losses
- protects your kids from falling into the hot tub
The following are the measures you need to consider before buying a hot tub cover
- The right material. There are rigid covers suitable for rigid hot tubs, inflatable covers for inflatable hot tubs, foam covers, etc.
- Purchase the right size! Most manufacturers provide videos and tutorials on how you can effectively measure the dimensions of your tub so that you can buy the right spa cover for it.
- Don't use the R-value as a decision factor. Check out why here.
Did you know that most inflatable hot tubs have a basic cover included?
How to measure the cover?
One of the biggest reasons why you can fail when trying to measure the cover of your tub is not taking a little bit of time to do it properly.
Tip 1: On Measurements
This is repeated for emphasis sake, measure the tub cover and the tub dimensions if the tub cover is still very intact. If it is not intact, measure the tub dimensions – the length and breadth are crucial.
Tip 2: Always Add An Extra 0.5 Inches To Your Measurement.
This is to rectify any mistakes made during the measurement. This mistake may cause your new tub cover not to fit appropriately. A half inch of over measurement will still make your cover fit very well.
Tip 3: A Custom Cover Can Be Made Available.
There are different companies that specialize in creating tub covers as well as tub cover accessories - control panels, handles, air buttons, headrests, control panels, handles, etc. For example, hot tub covers Canada. If there is anything bothering you that you need clarification on, use this email address.
Tip 4: When To Change Your Tub Cover
No matter how durable your cover is, the sun often weakens the material so make sure to check the cover for any defects and change it for a new one accordingly.