We are reader-supported. We may earn a small commission for products purchased via links on our website at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Need help with your hot tub? Take a look at this awesome hot tub handbook & video course.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for a Coleman Lay-Z-Spa to heat up?
The Lay-Z-Spa uses a pump to circulate water and an electric heater to heat the water at a rate of 2-3°F per hour.
It can take up to 24 hours to heat to the maximum temperature of 104°F.
If you want to speed up the process, check out our tips.
How do you blow up a Lay Z spa?
The included blower for air bubbles doubles as an inflator to blow up the Lay-Z-Spa.
Check out this video:
Here’s how you blow up a Lay-Z-Spa:
- Spread out the hot tub over the ground and make sure it’s the right side up.
- Connect the inflation hose to adapter A on the pump.
- Press the Massage button on the control panel to activate the pump.
Never blow up your spa with a compressor as it may overpressure the inflatable walls.
What is a soft tub?
The Softtub spa is a durable and lightweight inflatable hot tub made by Softtub company. Softtub spas are well known for their efficiency and good insulation. Water pump technology called WhisperTM makes it a really quiet spa.
How do you drain a Coleman Lay Z Spa?
- Extract the old filter from the hot tub.
- Insert the 2 stopper caps onto the hot tub’s inlet and outlet pipes to avoid water leak.
- Disconnect the pump from the spa.
- Screw the adapter cover onto adapter A of the spa.
- Join the hose adapter to your garden hose and attach the hose adapter to the B adapter.
- Put the other end of the hose to the area where you want your hot tub to drain to, remove the lower stopper cap from inside the spa to release the water.
- Once the water level is low, open the bottom drain valve on the floor of the hot tub to drain the remaining water.
- Use the hose you used to inflate the spa to blow dry the pump and the hot tub. Connect the hose to adapter A on the pump and press the massage button to turn on the blower.
- Make sure the pump has dried completely. Clean the inside of the pump using a towel. Tilt the pump to get rid of all the water in the pump.
How many gallons of water does a lazy spa hold?
Lay-Z-Spa holds around 254 gals. of water, which translates to around 2100 lbs of weight.
Do the Jets have to be on to heat an inflatable hot tub?
Air Jets don’t have to be on to heat the hot tub. Actually it’s the opposite. The jets are usually cooling the water much faster than the heater would be able to heat. Most of the inflatable hot tubs can’t heat the water and run the jets at the same time.
How much does it cost to heat a hot tub?
If we need to heat the water in Lay-Z-Spa from 68°F to 104°F it will take around 18 hours running at 1200 watts. That’s 21.6 kWh. With a price of 10 cents per kilowatt-hour the total cost to heat a hot tub is around 2.2 USD for initial heating.
The ongoing costs for maintaining temperature can be around 50 USD per month greatly depending on insulation, outside temperature, and frequency of use.